Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

bunny advice

Go down

bunny advice

Post by Luimeril on Sat 25 Dec 2010 - 23:25

well... not so much advice as to... what can i do to make her happier? xD

i sorta... "adopted" my mom's large bunny. i'm not sure on what kind she is, but she's BIG. i'm not sure if she's fat, or just huge. xD or even if she's a she!

her name is Mocha, and she kinda looks like this one:

only huge. and with a "double chin". and she's way fluffy. Love she's my spoiled baby. and very tame, she LOVES to be petted, and will nudge your hand if you stop petting her! so far, she's bit me ONCE, and that's because it was feeding time and i wasn't fast enough! xD

but, i think she's bored. o.o all she does is lay around. she's in a large pin in the dining room during the day, and she sleeps in one of those larger rabbit cages at night. i'd get her toys and stuff, but i don't know what rabbits like, and don't wanna waste money on something she won't like. she has a chewy log-thing, and a hanging ball we put her Timothy Hay in, but she kinda....... ate the rest of her toys. o.o and, she grew too big for her little house-thing, so we gave it to my sister's baby dutch rabbit, Gizmo(the brat loves it, now. xD thinks she's king of the world with it. o.o not sure about Gizmo's gender, either).

i love my Mocha, and want her to be the happiest bunny possible, but i need advice on what kinda things to get her to make her happy. o3o
Luimeril
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Re: bunny advice

Post by liz2 on Sun 26 Dec 2010 - 0:07

look for a rabbit forum, I am on a guinea pig one and they are really good on advice and what have you. She just sounds thoroughly spoilt to me. A bit like my guinea pig Bertie. He didn't have any toys for Christmas. But for his Christmas Dinner he had diced cucumber, diced celery, served on a bed of lettuce with carol curls! Love
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Luimeril on Sun 26 Dec 2010 - 15:06

i get the feeling i'd not be welcome in a rabbit forum. .____. i'm already the outcast in another betta forum, cause my housing isn't good enough for them. xD

she, shockingly, doesn't like celery or cucumber. she loves carrots, pears, apples, romain lettuce, parsley, and timothy hay. we try out different things i found on a site that had veggies and fruits that are safe for rabbits, and so far, that's all she likes. xD
Luimeril
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tall on Sun 26 Dec 2010 - 16:15

i get the feeling i'd not be welcome in a rabbit forum. .____. i'm already the outcast in another betta forum, cause my housing isn't good enough for them. xD

I wouldn't worry about it. You're looking to improve the rabbits life! If they
so are uppity I'd leave on my own. My Mom always said "consider the
source", which has worked for me throughout the ages!
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Luimeril on Mon 27 Dec 2010 - 2:52

lol so very true. i'll have to find a bunny forum, then. :d hopefully, they'll be as nice and wonderful as the people on here. :3
Luimeril
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajay on Mon 27 Dec 2010 - 20:29

A good way to tell if your rabbit is the proper weight is to feel the spine. Run your hand over the spine, but don't press. If you feel it easily, your rabbit is too thin. Then press in on it a little, and you should feel it this time. If you do not feel it, your rabbit is likely overweight.

The dewlap wont give you much clue without knowing a) gender and b) breed as some breeds always have a dewlap and in others it's one gender or the other... I second everyone else's comments, find a friendly forum and browse/ask questions. Good luck with her/him x
Ajay
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Luimeril on Mon 27 Dec 2010 - 22:11

i found two, but no responses from either yet. x-x

i'll give that spine trick a try, Ajay. thanks. and, i'm trying to get pics of her, but my sister's being stingy with her laptop. >.>; got a cute and funny pic of my sister's little dutch from last night. it got impatient with her during feeding time, and hopped into the container!
Luimeril
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajay on Tue 28 Dec 2010 - 13:09

Awwww! Beautiful. We have a black lop called Lola. She has free run of the garden and likes to share ginger biscuits with the dog!!

To determine whether your bunny is a girl or boy... http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexing.shtml then click the links at the bottom of the page Smile Hope that helps
Ajay
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Luimeril on Tue 28 Dec 2010 - 17:21

thanks. :3 Gizmo's a spoiled brat, who's totally in love with Romain lettuce. she'll chomp your finger off if you're too slow giving her the lettuce. xDa

it's too cold right now here to let them outside, and we've tons of feral cats and stray dogs. we're too scared to let them out!
Luimeril
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum